WHO is Khaya Cohen and WHY is she so cool?

5:51 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Let's start with the WHO. Khaya Cohen is a 15 year old singer/songwriter who auditioned for this season of The X Factor.

This girl has SO MUCH raw talent and potential, it's crazy! She's being called a mix of Adele, Amy Winehouse and Nora Jones - and that's exactly what she sounds like.  Last night on the show she put her own spin on Bruno Mars' Locked out of Heaven and the judges loved it! I loved it so much that I decided to YouTube her, which is when I found this little gem.


Something about Khaya is just so cool. 

Maybe it's the fact that she sings with such soul... or seems to not really buy into all the pop "fluff" around her.  She's just herself.   She's not perfect, and definitely has some growing to do - but I see her as an unpolished gem - I can't wait to see how she progresses in the competition.

#TeamKHAYA

#TeamKHAYA

#TeamKHAYA

 

 

0 comments: