A Prayer for Israel

12:30 AM Unknown 1 Comments


 Okay so at this point you're probably realizing that my blog is an interesting mix of fashion, beauty, pop culture, music and even a little politics here and there.... which actually sums up "me" as a person pretty well.

Today I'm focusing on the here and there, on the nation of Israel - which also happens to be a political hot topic. :)

I won't go into the history of what's transpiring - as it dates back hundreds of years. What I will say is that terrorism has killed more Israelis in the past month than in the last two years.   Over 100 more have been injured due to this wave of violence.  Terrorists are LITERALLY running through the streets with butcher knives, stabbing whomever they can, running their cars into crowds of people, and gunning down families.  Meanwhile - much of the world remains silent... silent until Israel retaliates and [the majority of] the media can paint her as the aggressor.

I'm going to stop myself here because I could literally write about this subject for hours and hours, and that's not the point.

Over the past few days, my heart has been SO heavy for all those living in the midst of this unrest.  The purpose of this post is to honor all of the families who've been directly impacted by the recent terrorism, and to offer up a prayer for the nation of Israel.

The video below is a song I wrote along with my good friend Misha Goetz.  [Check out her music by clicking here!]  It begins with the Shema - one of the most historic and sacred Jewish prayers. 

Our prayer is that this song brings at least a tiny bit of peace and comfort to those who need it.

 "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May those who love you be secure"

Psalm 122:6

1 comment: