The Voice 5 Premiere

4:55 AM Unknown 0 Comments

My reality show addiction continues to grow as I got sucked into The Voice's season premiere last night.  Usually I try and stick to my "FOX roots", and shows like The X Factor and Idol... but I just couldn't resist!!!

ESPECIALLY after hearing 17 year old Caroline Pennell.  This is my FAVORITE kind of voice!  Quirky, emotional, and straight up GOOD!  There are a lot of "quirky" voices out there that lack the control but Caroline not only controls her voice, but sings with maturity - which is a fascinating contrast to her young spirit. Watch her audition below and you'll see exactly what I mean.


Caroline may have been my favorite audition of the night, but there were a couple other standouts to me.

Matthew Schuler really surprised me with his vocals. He's got an unassuming way about him, and stylistically I can't really place him anywhere beacause he's so unique! He's a little reminiscent of John Legend or Burnell Taylor [American Idol S12], but he's not straight up soul or R&B... he almost has an Adam Levine thing goin' on. I definitely feel like there's a place for him in the industry and I can't wait to see what he does in the competition. Matthew definitely has a TON of potential.


So Caroline and Matthew were the most memorable last night, but I want to know what you think of James Wolpert.   He was one that I really WANTED to like... but couldn't quite get there.  I love his style and how he's just a tad on the geeky side - but if I was going on simply the sound of his voice - I don't think I would have turned my chair around for him.  Am I alone here?  Watch his audition and then take the poll below.

Would you have turned your chair for James Wolpert?
Yes
No
free online polls

0 comments: